We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a IT Systems Engineer working a hybrid remote role, so some days in your home office, and some days in our Burlington, MA headquarters.
Progress Software is looking for a knowledgeable and motivated IT Systems Engineer to join the IT Infrastructure Services Team. The IT Systems Engineer will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and support of the IT infrastructure. The role is focused on VMWare Virtualization, Linux and Windows Server Administration, Data Center Management, and Cloud Technologies. A successful candidate will also cover Active Directory and DNS. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Installation, Administration and management of VMWare virtual environments.
- Installation, Administration and management of Linux and Windows based servers.
- Data Center Management, including server monitoring and maintaining inventory.
- O365 cloud technologies – SharePoint, MS Teams, Azure AD, Exchange, etc.
- Assisting M&A integrations of newly acquired companies.
- Troubleshooting issues to providing resolutions and root cause analysis.
- Working with vendors` support to investigate problems in Cloud or 3rd party systems.
- Assisting the End User Services team with complex client-side issues.
- Working in close collaboration with the other team members spread around the globe.
Skills considered an advantage (but not required):
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field.
- Experience in IT with a proven record of delivering high-quality service.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare Virtualization, Linux and Windows server Administration.
- Good knowledge in O365 cloud suit.
- Hands-on experience with NFS, FTP, SAMBA, and DNS
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Highly focused, responsible, and reliable.
- Experience with NetApp Storage systems.
- Experience with Virtualization platforms like Hyper-V, Solaris LDOMs and AIX LPARs.
- Experience with Automation Deployment (Ansible, Terraform, vRealize).
- Basic understanding of Cloud Services like Azure and AWS.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and automation.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.