We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an Internal Communications Manager in our Burlington, MA location.JOB SUMMARY
Progress is looking for an experienced, passionate communicator to join our Corporate Communications team. As the Internal Communications Manager, this individual will develop and implement global internal communications strategies that creatively amplify and strengthen our brand, culture, values and employee engagement. This person will be responsible for shaping the communications that will inform and engage our 1500+ diverse employee base, including crafting the messages that will help relevant spokespeople convey information to help our employees understand the company’s strategy, organization, products and people. Providing a positive influence that employees can carry with them as ambassadors of our organization, internally and externally.
This person will facilitate the communication strategy around change and is a driving force in promoting Progress’ commitment to diversity and inclusion as well as corporate social responsibility. They will create and implement a wide range of strategic internal communication activities to meet these goals. This candidate will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications within the Marketing team.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Directly contributes to the positive environment at Progress by informing, engaging and inspiring employees through internal communications -- building energy and excitement and acting as a role model for our company culture
- Executes an internal communication strategy, aligned with leadership and other internal stakeholders, to support Progress’ brand, values, mission, culture, corporate positioning and messaging
- Proactively builds and maintains collaborative, effective relationships with key internal stakeholders, including CEO staff, business unit leaders, business partners and functions. Understanding their internal communications needs and leveraging this broad understanding to create or inform communications plans/strategies
- Implements communications best practices, provides direct hands-on support, including consultation, message/content development and materials preparation for employee-facing events and meetings around the world; including planning, managing and executing quarterly All Hands meetings
- Executes communication campaigns for a variety of internal initiatives including but not limited to: crisis communications, mergers and acquisitions, change management as needed.
- Establishes critical feedback loops to gather input and perspectives from employees. Utilizes design thinking or similar approaches to test communications approaches and revise plans accordingly to gain best final outcome
- A dedicated partner with Human Capital actively working together to instill a strong positive company culture and employee experience.
- Collaborates with other communications colleagues to ensure consistency of messaging (internally and externally), sharing of best practices and an integrated, effective approach across communications platforms and channels
- Active participant in company’s inclusion and diversity (I&D) and corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts; partnering to identify, create and effectively communicate programs to a multitude of audiences – helping to position Progress as a socially responsible company
- Owns creation of content, execution and maintenance of internal SharePoint site
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- Ability to simultaneously be strategic and exceptional at execution; excellent attention to detail and ability to see and work towards a big picture; demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action
- Ability to navigate complex situations and ambiguity with grace, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient to resolve issues and mitigate risk
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative, always-on, quickly-changing environment
- Comfortable working in a global, virtual environment; sensitivity to cultural nuances across different countries and demographics, and a demonstrated appreciation for differences and the benefits diversity brings to an organization.
- Able to manage through “influence” with an ability to manage difficult conversations though direct and constructive dialogue
- A track record of successfully partnering with a variety of stakeholders including senior leadership and cross-functional organizations including Human Capital, Legal, Digital and IT organization to achieve corporate goals
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills as well as the journalistic ability to source content aligned to business strategy and goals
- Superior interpersonal skills with a broad range of communications and project management experience
- Experience working in technology and/or keen understanding of technology industry
- Experience with SharePoint
- Extensive experience in internal communications or related field with a proven track record in strategy and execution
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in both digital and traditional internal channels
- Strong ability to write with expertise, simplifying complex concepts and messages for a broad audience
- Highly organized and detail oriented with outstanding follow-through skills; ability to establish and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
- Action-oriented, self-starter who can be successful in ideating and executing strategic and tactical plans that deliver results
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!!