The Internal and External Communications Associate
is a member of the Corporate Communications team and is responsible for activities related to internal communications and public relations. The position requires an understanding of the company’s overall product portfolio, strong organizational skills, excellent writing skills and the ability to effectively communicate and work cross-departmentally. This individual will report to the Director of Global Communications and will be hands-on in terms of executing communications programs and campaigns, along with sharing knowledge of the latest insights and trends across the business. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from seasoned professionals and gain hands-on experience within a leading-edge, publicly-traded, global company that is driving thought leadership and trends within the hottest tech sectors.About the Adventure:
- Partner with stakeholders to drive engaging content creation for all communications channels, updating content regularly and providing the tools and resources to maintain consistency.
- Responsible for maintaining our intranet as a key internal communications channel and ensuring delivery of simple, intuitive, and engaging content. This includes tracking usage and engagement utilizing key metrics, data and other feedback to evaluate and improve content and usability, and encourage adoption. Knowledge of and experience with SharePoint is a plus.
- Work with the Internal Communications Director to provide support and administration of employee engagement efforts, including events, surveys, video and more. Assist with management of internal campaigns and initiatives.
- Work directly with the PR team to research, identify and communicate relevant trends and competitive info. within the media landscape. Coordinate media efforts with the PR team and engage with US/international PR agencies and executive team, as necessary.
- Identify speaking opportunities for top executives and handle the submission and selection process.
- Create global awards program, researching, drafting and submitting awards on Progress’ behalf.
- Assist with copy editing and drafting of materials including, but not limited to, reporter briefing notes and weekly coverage reports for the executive team.
- 1-2 years' experience in marketing, communications and/or a related field
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline
- Experience in the tech sector a plus
- Proven experience in managing projects and deliverables to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of and experience with SharePoint or Office 365 a plus
- Visual thinker; basic design skills, like PowerPoint or Photoshop, are preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong editing skills and attention to detail a must