We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an Install Engineer, Senior for our Product Engineering Team in Hyderabad.
As a member of the team you will be expected to:
- Perform analysis, design, creation and modification of Installers and related activities.
- Provides support and guidance for other developers, customer support, sales, and marketing.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in approaching technical and procedural questions
- Demonstrate proficiency with development tools and build processes.
- Ensure that their efforts are consistent with departmental and company goals.
- Keeps abreast of industry activities and may participate in standards or industry-wide activities.
- Provides support and guidance to other members of their group or team. Ensures that that guidance is consistent with departmental and company goals.
- Acts as an expert resource for narrow topics for other persons in the department.
- May work with customer support and other groups within development in the course of their work.
- Can direct their own activities with respect to developing programs or subsystems and writing codes
- Is able to independently resolve of complex projects, issues, challenges encountered
- Demonstrates a degree of flexibility in resolving problems/issues that attest to in-depth command of all techniques, processes, tools and standards within the relevant field of specialization
- Is self-sufficient, capable of identify key issues and priorities and focusing on these to deliver required results with minimal direction
- Writes functional specs
- Able to provide comments on Function specs
- Reasonably good skills to schedule and break down tasks
- Understand and use engineering processes and practices
- Able to handle challenges in communicating with remote teams
- Expected to work with various scripting languages and technologies.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors of Engineering / Masters of Engineering with Minimum 5 - 7 years of related experience
- Experience in InstallAnywhere (required) with other packaging & installation activities
- Experience in InstallShield is desirable
- Experience in building installers for products that are supported on Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac
- Strong knowledge on Windows and UNIX(es) Operating systems, windows security architecture, Systems Interoperability. Experience working in multi operating system development environment.
- Strong experience with process automation using one or more scripting languages, i.e. Perl , Shell, batch Scripts
- Basic knowledge of Java required C, C++ or any other programming language is an added advantage.
- Hands on install debug tools, good debugging skills and analysis skills on installations and builds
- Hands on build tools like ant or Make
- Being in able to solve problems proactively and independently.
- Should be able to work closely with different project teams to understand their requirements and should be able to drive development relatively independently.
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience setting up environments using Virtualization is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Amazon cloud or any other cloud environment is an added advantage.
- Exposure / Knowledge about Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, etc is an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans