The role of the Inside Sales Account Manager is to drive Progress Software’s product & services revenue within a defined North American Sales territory. This sales territory will consist of existing customers and new prospects in a geography, vertical market, or product(s) grouping. The Inside Sales Account Manager will proactively make outbound calls, email communications, and web demonstrations, as well as manage inbound phone calls and email inquiries with the expectation of creating, advancing, and closing revenue opportunities.
About the Role:
- Achieve or exceed assigned sales revenue quota
- Drive New Product (License) & Professional Services revenue
- Efficiently & effectively conduct needs assessment at various levels & within multiple customer groups (technical, line of business, executive)
- Communicate the benefits of Progress Software Corp, and the benefits of the products in the portfolio
- Accurately manage, track, and precisely forecast revenue opportunities in salesforce.com
- Responsible for creating, tracking, and reporting of results
- 3+ years of relevant experience in the computer software industry (infrastructure software experience preferred).
- Ability to create & assess sales opportunities in existing customer & prospective customer organizations.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate all product offerings to customers and prospects.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, high-integrity sales professional. A hunter with a farmer sensibility.
- Must be able to work on and complete multiple revenue & non-revenue projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and is a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
Experience, Accomplishments, Skills:
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving and exceeding assigned revenue goals.
- Proven excellence in all methods of communication
- Strong sense of accountability
- Prior cold-calling experience in a high tech environment.
- Success in complex technical sales (i.e. infrastructure software, SOA, networks)
- Proficiency using Sales Force Automation tools (salesforce.com specifically)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Completed Sales Training (i.e. Miller-Heiman’s Strategic Selling, SPIN Selling, Sandler Selling System etc)
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!