We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to cover designated territories in North America region with exceptional interpersonal skills. As the front line for customer engagement, you have the responsibility of continuously monitoring the installed base and identify opportunities for upsell and cross-sell with our products into our passionate and loyal customers. This role is an Inside Sales Representative, Associate working in our Bedford MA office
About the Job:
With the customers in mind, the Inside Sales Representative, Associate achieves targeted quota through managing inbound communications across a broad array of media with the express expectation of creating, qualifying and closing revenue opportunities leveraging the Progress portfolio of products, solutions, services and/or workflow knowledge, resources, systems and processes. In addition, proactive outbound calling, chat, email and demonstrations will aid in achievement of your targets. As the front line for customer engagement, you have the responsibility of evaluating each customers and identifying needs for with for our products and maintain them passionate and loyal customers.
About the Team:
Progress Americas team is not an ordinary team, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful teams - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retain and surround ourselves by the most talented individuals.
- Handle 50-60 existing smaller accounts, including processing orders, handling contract negotiations, upselling when appropriate, and expanding accounts when opportunities present themselves
- Implement sales strategies and specific Account Plans that demonstrate the ability to resolve customer's business challenges and to identify opportunities resulting in quota attainment.
- Generate revenue/bookings through cross-selling and/or upselling from existing customer base.
- Take responsibility for acquiring industry, product, solution and or workflow knowledge across all platforms and all products to apply towards quota attainment.
- Identify and secure good relationships with the key decision maker(s)
- Bachelors Degree in Technology or Business preferred but not required
- 1-2 years experience in a sales environment, preferably in an Account Manager capacity. This role is handling existing accounts/partners, not new business development.
- Ability to speak comfortably with clients in a variety of different mediums
- A good understanding and experience in the software industry
- Demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships across a sales organization and related teams spread worldwide
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on customer service and developing customer relations
- Experience with Salesforce is an advantage!
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.