We are seeking a dynamic and self-motivated individual to cover our overall partner channel globally. The Inside Partner Account Manager role works with multiple stakeholders:
- Customers: prospect into our base or field incoming request to assess if we are able to assist with the respective project at hand
- Partners: recruit and work with partners mostly on professional services engagements such as custom development, training, staff augmentation, etc. Ensure the right partner is selected for the respective job and then be the link between our clients and the partners. Working with other partner types (e.g. Resellers, distributors) is within the scope of the role but is not an emphasis at the moment
- Sales reps: work with the sales team to have them help you generate more partner business (mostly through professional services engagements)
- Finance & Legal: work with other internal departments to ensure all partner and client contracts are clean and maximizing the value for our business
About the Team:
Progress Americas team is not an ordinary team, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful teams - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retain and surround ourselves by the most talented individuals. We value hard work but are certainly trying to ensure we work smart so that all of our efforts are optimized.
- 1-2 years experience in a sales environment, preferably in an Account Manager capacity. This role is handling existing accounts/partners mostly with limited New business activities
- Ability to work on 40-50 opportunities at any given point in time, including managing 5-10 partners, handling contract negotiations, upselling/cross-selling when appropriate, and expanding accounts when opportunities present themselves
- Implement sales strategies and specific Account Plans that demonstrate the ability to resolve customer's business challenges and to identify opportunities resulting in quota attainment.
- Generate revenue/bookings through hunting within the existing customer base as well as maximizing inbound leads
- Take responsibility for acquiring industry, product, solution and or workflow knowledge across all platforms and all products to apply towards quota attainment.
- Identify and secure good relationships with the key decision maker(s)
- Bachelors Degree in Technology or Business preferred but not required
- Ability to speak comfortably with clients in a variety of different mediums while having a good attention to detail
- A good understanding and experience in the software industry
- Demonstrated ability to build productive working relationships across a sales organization and related teams spread worldwide
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on customer service and developing customer relations
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM is an advantage!
Progress is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!