The role of the Inside Sales Account Manager is to drive Progress Software’s product & services revenue within a defined sales territory. This sales territory will consist of existing customers in a geography, vertical market, or product(s) grouping. The Inside Sales Account Manager will proactively make outbound calls, email communications, and web demonstrations, as well as manage inbound phone calls and email inquiries with the expectation of creating, advancing, and closing revenue opportunities. Key responsibility is to protect and grow the assigned installed base.
About the Role:
- Achieving or even exceeding sales revenue quota
- Drive New Product (License) & Professional Services revenue
- Protect and grow the renewal revenue
- Actively create new business opportunities and advance them through the funnel and ultimately build a stable pipeline
- Communicate the benefits of Progress Software and the benefits of the products in the portfolio
- Help our existing customers and partners by providing insights in trends and issues, demonstrating business impacts and outlining effective solutions
- Efficiently & effectively conduct needs assessment at various levels & within multiple customer groups (technical, line of business, executive)
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape to be able to better present the benefits of using our software solutions
- Accurately manage, track, and precisely forecast revenue opportunities in salesforce.com
- Assisting in maintenance renewals and other customer success tasks
- Craft account plans and strategies to scale and grow business opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant sales experience in the computer software industry
- Knowledge of development, CMS, mobility and/or digital experience solutions
- Highly motivated, results driven, with a hunter mentality and eager to learn
- Ability to create & assess sales opportunities in existing customer & prospective customer organizations.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate all product offerings to customers and prospects.
- Must be able to work on and complete multiple revenue & non-revenue projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and is a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving and exceeding assigned revenue goals.
- Proven excellence in all methods of communication
- Strong sense of accountability
- Prior relationship selling experience in a high-tech environment.
- Success in complex technical sales
- Proficiency using Sales Force Automation tools
- Great interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to conducts business meetings with C levels
- Completed Sales Training (i.e. Miller-Heiman’s Strategic Selling, SPIN Selling, Sandler Selling System etc.)
- Ability to travel 40%
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!