About the Team: Progress data connectivity sets the industry standard with easy, reliable access to all data sources and systems of record. Progress also gives you standards-based connectivity to your big data and applications anywhere—on premise or in the cloud.
The role of the Inside Sales Executive is to drive Progress Software’s product & services revenue within a defined sales territory. This sales territory will consist of new prospects in a geography, vertical market, or product(s) grouping. The Inside Sales Executive will proactively make outbound calls, email communications, and web demonstrations, as well as manage inbound phone calls and email inquiries with the expectation of creating, advancing, and closing revenue opportunities. This is a HUNTER role and focused only on net new opportunities.
About the Role:
- Meet or exceeding sales booking quota monthly, quarterly and annually
- Drive New Product (License) & Professional Services revenue for Data Connectivity and Mobility Solutions
- Actively create new business opportunities and advance them through the funnel and ultimately build a stable pipeline
- Communicate the benefits of Progress Software and the benefits of the products in the portfolio
- Efficiently & effectively conduct needs assessment at various levels & within multiple customer groups (technical, line of business, executive)
- Monitor and analyze the competitive landscape to be able to better present the benefits of using our software solutions
- Accurately manage, track, and precisely forecast revenue opportunities in salesforce.com
- Craft strategies to scale and grow business opportunities
- 3+ years of relevant sales experience in the computer software industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of development, data-connectivity, mobility and/or digital experience solutions
- Highly motivated, results driven, with a hunter mentality and eager to learn
- Ability to create & assess sales opportunities in prospective customer organizations.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate all product offerings to customers and prospects.
- Must be able to work on and complete multiple revenue & non-revenue projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional telephone, interpersonal and presentations skills.
- Thrives in a team environment and is a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving and exceeding assigned revenue goals.
- Proven excellence in all methods of communication
- Strong sense of accountability
- Prior relationship selling experience in a high-tech environment.
- Success in complex technical sales
- Proficiency using Sales Force Automation tools
- Completed Sales Training (i.e. Miller-Heiman’s Strategic Selling, SPIN Selling, Sandler Selling System etc.)
Progress is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!#LI-LG1