We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as an Inside Account Executive for our DataDirect product sales team. This job will start as a remote (work-from-home) one but come January 2022, given local conditions allow, is expected to transition into a hybrid role - dividing time between our Morrisville, NC office and working remotely. JOB SUMMARY:
With the responsibility of managing and expanding existing customers as well as new logo business development, the Inside Sales Executive is commercially minded, has strong sales and communication skills and is passionate to close deals with net new customers. The Inside Sales Executive will have the opportunity and expectation to close deals that exceed 6 -digits revenue in size. Opportunity to establish relationships and win business with a variety of clients, including some of the biggest companies present on the market. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Drive revenue from Net New and existing clients from the high growth products within the Progress DataDirect portfolio
- Work on inbound leads and work with manager to proactively define and execute outbound lead generation and expansion activities
- Review, contact and qualify the leads
- Have strong phone presence and dialing dozens of calls per day
- Understand technical use-cases from a high level to facilitate pre-sales support with Sales Engineers.
- Research accounts, identify key players, build strategies how to win the deals
- Build pipeline, forecast and commit to delivering the quarterly revenue target
- Maintain ownership of the opportunity from Creation to Closed
- Meet scorecard metrics related to lead management, pipeline generation, coverage, close rate, lead conversion, etc.
- Work with marketing, other sales team members, product specialists and sales management to deliver on the number
- Help customers by providing insights on trends and issues, demonstrating business impacts and outlining effective solutions
- Cross-sell and up-sell within the product portfolio of Progress DataDirect.
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com to accurately track all relative customer data, business insights, and record of interactions
- Monitor and evaluate the market to be able to better present the benefits of using our software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Communication, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior full sales cycle (qualify-to-close) experience, specific to the tech/software industry
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience working with Sales Engineers and Product Managers.
- Minimal travel as needed
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!