We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior I, Information Developer for our Core A product group in our Hyderabad location.
A Progress Senior Information Developer is a collaborative team member who will:
- Design and develop technical user-facing content, including documentation, videos, tutorials, and/or courseware
- Possess advanced technical skills and independently learn to apply them to Progress technologies, such as databases, programming languages, application servers, network management tools, and Digital Experience platforms
- Be passionate about creating highly interactive courseware that teaches technical end users how to apply Progress technologies to be successful in their job
- Support their local Engineering teams by creating content to support their development features
- Take pride in creating content that meets high quality standards
- Be energized by working in a dynamic, global, Agile environment
- Lead scrum Agile ceremonies, and administer work for themselves and others in Jira/Azure DevOps.
- Lead content-related initiatives with predefined goals and success measurements.
- Share their skills and knowledge by presenting topics of interest to their team members
- Be technically curious, with a desire to learn and apply new skills!
What you will do in this role:
- Partner with regional development teams to understand technical requirements; research and produce technical content (including, but not limited to documentation, videos, training courses)
- Drive customer success by creating role-based courses for technical audiences
- Manage concurrent projects across several product lines and deliver projects on time with high quality
- Help evolve tools and content development practices
- Commit to growing your technical skills and helping others on your team grow theirs
- Follow our established information architecture to create content that can be reused across multiple user assistance assets
What the ideal candidate will need to have:
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree and/or advanced degree or certification in Technical Writing and/or Instructional Design
- Extensive and proven technical content development experience (with samples available for review);
- Course development experience is highly preferred!
- Demonstrable experience with a Content Management System is required (experience with IxiaSoft or AuthorIT highly preferred); experience with content editors is helpful (Congree or Acrolinx is preferred)
- Experience using Camtasia to produce user assistance videos
- Superior written, communication, and interpersonal skills
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans