A Progress Information Developer is a collaborative team member who will:
- Be passionate about creating highly compelling content that teaches technical users how to apply Progress technologies to be successful in their job
- Support Engineering teams by creating content to support their development features, including documentation, videos, or courseware
- Take pride in creating content that meets high quality standards by internalizing our team’s design and development guidelines
- Apply documented tooling best practices to ensure your content meets the standards and style of the content team
- Be energized by working in a dynamic, global, Agile environment
- Actively participate in scrum Agile ceremonies to extend your Progress knowledge and share updates about content development with your development team members
- Be technically curious, with a desire to learn and apply new skills!
What you will do in this role:
- Partner with regional development teams to understand technical requirements; research and produce technical content
- Propose the appropriate type of content to support a development feature
- Learn Progress technologies to create a content or course plan. From that plan, create, maintain, and evolve product content for a specific persona based on set standards, styles, and terminology to solve a business problem
- Follow our established information architecture to create content that can be reused across multiple user assistance assets
- Deliver projects on time, while meeting documented quality standards
- Interpret and apply customer feedback to content
- Suggest standards and process improvements
- Commit to growing your technical skills
- Proactively maintain work in Jira/Azure
What the ideal candidate will need to have:
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree or certification in Technical Writing or Instructional Design
- Technical content development experience (with samples available for review); Course development experience is highly preferred!
- Experience with a Content Management System is preferred (experience with IxiaSoft or AuthorIT highly preferred); experience with content editors is helpful (Congree or Acrolinx is preferred)
- Experience using Camtasia to produce user assistance videos
- Superior written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn and apply Progress core technologies
- Enthusiasm to support individual and team growth!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!