Do you want to be more than a cog in a huge corporate machine?
Do you want to make a difference at work every day?
Do you want to work closely with customers and be reactive to their needs?
Do you want to be mentored by seasoned professionals that can help you advance technically and build your instructional design skills?
Come join us at Progress. We are looking for an Information Developer to work on content for our new Knowledge Network. It is an exciting time for our team as we transition to a modern, accessible content strategy. Be involved from the beginning as we transform the OpenEdge documentation library to a variety of user assets including videos, tutorials, and learning paths presented on the Progress Knowledge Network.
About the Team:
The mission of the OpenEdge Information Design and Development team is to deliver a persona-based, self-serviced, crowd-sourced, measurable user experience through compelling content that enables our customers, partners and employees to be successful with our products and technology.
About the Role:
As an OpenEdge Information Developer, you will:
- Help us execute on a new content strategy creating user assistance that facilitates our users in finding content and using it to be successful with our technology
- Understand our technology and how it works to solve real business challenges
- Produce a variety of content types like DITA topics, videos, tutorials, persona guided journeys, and learning paths for Progress users, partners, and employees
- Work with the UX team to create intuitive management and development tools
- Interview subject matter experts and analyze product requirements and user stories to write technical end-user content related to installing/upgrading software, configuring and using software, using reporting tools, planning and executing data loads and migrations, and integrating applications with each other and with third-party applications or external systems
- Follow and contribute to company content development standards and library of terms; develop content with approved templates, guidelines, and best practices; suggest process efficiencies and improvements; participate in peer reviews.
About You: (Don’t worry if you haven’t done it all – we’ll coach you!)
A fundamental understanding of the features and components of:
- Databases and application servers and the tools you use to manage and monitor databases and application servers, OR
- Object-oriented ABL programming (classes, types, objects, inheritance, instances, events, etc.), OR
- Desire and enthusiasm to quickly adopt new processes and tooling to produce a variety of content formats
- Ability to work well both independently and within a growing, collaborative, Agile team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- A B.A./B.S. degree in Technical Communications, Instructional Design, or a computer-related discipline
- Two to four years of technical content development experience (but go ahead and apply if you have a little more or a little less experience)
We require samples of published content for review (documentation, videos, tutorials, courseware).
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!