About the Team: The OpenEdge Content team’s mission is to deliver a persona-based, self-serviced, crowd-sourced, measurable experience through compelling content to rapidly enable our customers, partners and employees to be successful with our products and technology.
About the Role:
As an OpenEdge Information Developer, you will:
- Help us execute on a new content strategy so our users can find content and use it to be successful with our technology
- Understand our technology and how it works to solve real business challenges
- Produce a variety of content types, like documentation, videos, training and other self-service resources for Progress users, Partners, and employees
- Interview subject matter experts and analyze product requirements and user stories to write technical end-user content related to installing/upgrading software, configuring and using software, using reporting tools, planning and executing data loads and migrations, and integrating applications with each other and with third-party applications or external systems
- Follow and contribute to company content development standards and library of terms; develop content with approved templates, guidelines, and best practices; suggest process efficiencies and improvements; participate in peer reviews.
About You: (Don’t worry if you haven’t done it all – we’ll coach you!)
A fundamental understanding of the features and components of:
- Databases and application servers, and the tools you use to manage and monitor databases and application servers, OR
- Object-oriented ABL programming (classes, types, objects, inheritance, instances, events, etc.), OR
- Desire and enthusiasm to quickly adopt new processes and tooling to produce a variety of content formats
- Ability to work well both independently and within a growing, collaborative, Agile team environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Samples of published content for review (documentation, courseware, tutorials, etc.)
- A technical B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent experience
- Two-four years of technical content writing experience
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!