We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work for and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins.
Join us as a People Business Partner (PBP) as we challenge ourselves and the business through strategic partnership and HR expertise. As a PBP, you will partner with a senior People Business Partner to develop and execute strategic programs for global organizations. This job is ideal for someone who is interested in getting into a strategic PBP role and exploring all domains and responsibilities of that role. The PBP job is diverse in nature and allows for experimentation and learning from a team of experienced Business Partners. This role is based in Brno, Czechia.
What you will do:
- Serve as a co-pilot to a senior People Business Partner to:
- Support and execute a broad-based and transformational talent agenda designed to onboard, develop, and retain the very best talent in the business.
- Partner with senior manager- and director-level leaders on best practices that promote employee engagement and foster a high-performing global workforce by training leaders and creating aligned action plans.
- Contribute to the development of, and execute, highly effective leadership teams (ex. leadership team health assessment, succession planning and development)
- Contribute to establishing strategic people metrics, reports, dashboards to foster analysis of complex situations for the organizations you support and recommend appropriate plans to optimize talent, structure, and culture.
- Advise on organizational changes to optimize organization and talent (through creating and analyzing the need of new jobs, employee programs, organizational structure, promotions, and individual development plans).
- Facilitate tailor-made and off-the-shelf workshops and trainings
- Enable and drive global development and succession plan initiatives
- Establish trust and credibility with leaders as a valued sounding board on organizational and talent matters.
- Play a supporting role M&A work, preparing for and integrating acquisitions into the business.
This role works in close collaboration with our People Team Centers of Excellence: Total Rewards, Organizational Effectiveness, HRIS, Talent Acquisition and our People Experience Team, our global, people operations team.
What you need to have:
- 4+ years in HR with at least 1 year experience in a BP function/role is required, but not at a senior or higher level. This is right in between junior and senior level within the company.
- Experience partnering with management to understand the talent needs of an organization
- Experience working with people-related metrics, data and reporting to drive strategic conclusions and recommendations
- Analytical and proven problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose root cause
- Deep knowledge and understanding of holistic HR related processes, tools and programs is essential (such as performance management, talent development & engagement, etc.)
- Experience facilitating trainings
- Experience with organizational design
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple, global sites over across wide range of time zones
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team, providing support to other team members
- Comfortable challenging the status quo with a passion to deliver results in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively utilize collaboration technologies and HRIS platforms (Workday is a plus)
- Curiosity, desire to learn and further develop your business partnership skills
- Experience in an international technology company preferred, however those coming from biotech/other sciences, or telecom based companies will also be considered.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and to also enjoy:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback.
- Benefits: Our benefits package varies depending on the country you are joining us in and is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our people.
- Time-off and Leave: Generous vacation allowance, an additional day off for your birthday, and days off for volunteering
- Well-being: A global well-being program focused on physical, mental, and financial health.
- Focus on Employee Experience: We aim to create an environment where people view their time at Progress as their best career chapter by seeking your feedback, partnering with you and recognizing and celebrating the moments that matter.
- Career Growth: We empower you to own your career and personalize your growth with career development tools, internal career mobility, knowledge sharing, and learning opportunities.