We are currently on the lookout for a General Ledger Accountant to join our Accounting team in Rotterdam.
In this role, you will participate in the month-end and year-end closing activities at Progress in EMEA and APJ. You will be working closely with external auditors and will deliver the required information in a timely and accurate manner. As the role is a point of contact for various financial questions for the whole organization, you shall have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to successfully interact with people on different levels across different functions and locations.
Apart from having the core competencies for the role (solid background in finance or accounting), you shall be very detailed and methodical in your approach to work. You shall be a skilled multitasker and be comfortable to handling various priorities within set deadlines and time frames.
Your area of responsibility:
- Month, quarter, year-end closing
- Accrual accounting
- Prepaid accounting
- Total P&L overview
- Comp plan calculations
- Tax fillings (VAT, Income tax, etc.)
- Cash management (Citi bank, payment approval, etc.)
- Reviewing invoices entered by AP
- Annual reporting
Cash/ Bank Management:
- Ensure bank signatories are up to date
- Closing of inactive bank accounts
- Requesting bank confirmation for year-end audits
- Coordinating quarterly intercompany settlements
- Deliver the requested information in the correct format
- Communication with the auditors
- A degree in Accounting or Finance
- Previous experience in a similar role is must
- Broad exposure to ERP software, Open Accounts an advantage
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A very good command of English and as a minimum one other European language (Spanish, Portuguese, French, German or Dutch) is required – both fluent spoken and written.
- The skills and attitude to complete/finish multiple tasks on time and with a high quality
- Previous experience in a US headquartered Software Development Company, ideally in a multi-national environment is desired
- Preferably experienced with handling audits and working with auditors
If you are an expert Accountant and enjoy working as a part of a cohesive and talented team and aren’t afraid of the challenge of meeting deadlines, then we would be happy to hear from you.