We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join our Core FE team in the Web Components division as a Front-End Developer. The team is responsible for growing the Kendo Themes into a backbone for implementing different design systems on multiple technologies. It is a cornerstone of many products like Kendo UI, KendoReact, Unite UX, Telerik UI for Blazor. The team has a key role in the implementation of Sass Themes and their maintenance. As part of this team, you will also help shape a design system with broad component libraries, industry-leading accessibility standards, and a style guide featuring clear and helpful documentation.
This job will start as a remote (work-from-home) one but come January 2022, given local conditions allow, is expected to transition into a hybrid role - dividing time between our Sofia office and working remotely.
What will you do:
- Write, review, and maintain code written in HTML, Sass, and TypeScript.
- Participate in the implementation of complex UI components used in thousands of external projects.
- Collaborate with the product teams to ensure components live up to our standards when it comes to aesthetics, flexibility, usability, API design, documentation, and accessibility.
- Actively support Kendo UI Themes and Progress Sass ThemeBuilder users by answering questions and handling their requests for improvements.
- Create components documentation site and help maintain the general documentation.
- Write tests. Participate in build infrastructure and continuous integration.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Strong HTML, CSS, Sass, and Typescript skills.
- Experience working on design systems.
- Expertise in Accessibility standards and guidelines (WCAG 2.1 and Section 508)
- Experience with JS automation frameworks (Grunt/Gulp) and CSS preprocessors
- Problem-solving skills and broad technical curiosity. Following the latest front-end developement practices and trends.
- Be Proactive and take initiative.
- You’re comfortable figuring out the exact requirements and optimal solution for a task through prototyping and experimentation.
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to elevate your game and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
Аnd even more perks
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!