We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Financial Analyst (level 2). This role will be WFH/remote role, though we will only be considering those on the East Coast, due to the time zone of the team.JOB SUMMARY:
As a Financial Analyst, you will report to the Sr. Finance Manager, Core C and compliment the growth of the Finance Business Partner team. We are looking for an individual who will leverage their analytical skillset and insights to structure conversations for smart business decisions, and build upon a framework for strong financial analysis, reporting and business support. This role will have significant exposure to business leaders across Progress Core C/Chef business unit, and will participate in the preparation and presentation of key operational reports, business drivers and financial analysis used by executive management.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Partner with functional leaders of the Core C business unit and become the subject matter expert for COGS, Opex, and Headcount
- Work with large datasets to translate into preset financial models, as well as the development of new models
- Support the forecasting and reporting of ARR, Billings and Revenue metrics
- Own the headcount and expense models for rolling forecast
- Assist in the development of executive-level materials for CEO/CFO, Business Unit GM , and other senior executives
- Assist with developing, updating, and distributing key operational reports
- Support the monthly close process by preparing expense accruals, comparing actuals to plan, and performing variance analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree with relevant experience in corporate or business unit finance, preferably for an enterprise software company
- Advanced expertise in Excel and PowerPoint is required with attention to speed and repeatable approach
- Solid work ethic, personal ambition, and desire to learn and share information
- Analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to clearly articulate objectives and communicate results
- Ability to thrive under pressure and employ a sense of urgency in supporting the business
- Experience with ARR, Billings and Revenue forecast modeling a plus
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!