The Facilities Operations Manager will drive an exceptional employee experience through creating collaborative, high-tech, clean, safe, and well-maintained facilities globally at Progress. Reporting directly to the Director, Facilities and Workplace Services, the primary responsibility of a Facilities Operations Manager will be the oversight of project and systems, daily facility operations, management of outside contractors, and providing functional leadership. Primary location in Waltham, MA.
Project and Systems Management
- Have strong project management skills to successfully lead and implement various projects globally
- Technically proficient to be able to serve as system administrator for all facilities software system we have in place
- Create, track, and report the facility/maintenance budget, assuming responsibility for budgeted figures, and continually thinking strategically to reassess areas to reduce costs, increase efficiencies, or generate additional revenue
- Develop and manage external contractor relationships, renegotiating external service contracts as required and project managing work initiatives
- Assisting with special projects and undertaking other duties as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel to various office locations to assist with special projects. Travel estimated at 10% of the time.
Daily Facility Operations & Maintenance
- Oversee general facility operations, ensuring the facility is in the best working order and condition possible
- Ensure that maintenance is performed and deficiencies are identified and corrected within a timely manner
- Respond to all building system failures and diagnose their cause and supervise all activities required to restore proper operation
- Respond to complaints or questions regarding the facility operations and takes appropriate action to resolve problems
- Responsible for the recycling program in the US and campus event setups & takedowns.
- Liaise with all other departments to ensure cross-function collaboration and delivery of the best employee experience possible.
- Ensure compliance with laws, rules, regulations, contracts and leases pertinent to the facility operations
- Serve as a backup to Production and Distribution (P&D) unit
- Occasionally package and ship business and marketing related material using chosen courier managing software.
- Flexible enough to assist with daily operations in Bedford or Waltham at any time.
- Ensure strong cultural alignment with the overall organization and foster a sense of pride, ownership and team work within the Facilities Team
- Challenge yourself and your colleagues to utilize technology wherever appropriate to increase efficiency, improve operations, and decrease costs
- Ability to take initiative and deliver excellent results with minimal supervision
- BS Degree and Facilities or Services management with 3 plus years relevant work experience & knowledge in Facility Management, (office) Services management or related discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, administrative and computer skills required.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter, being able to work independently, without daily supervision.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, a proven team player and exhibit consistent positive attitude.
- Must be well organized individual being able to self-manage and set priorities to meet deadlines and provide follow-up & feedback on all employee request and business issues.
- Ability to work well under pressure and juggle multiple and changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail
- Drive for continued growth and development to match new technologies
- Have a progressive mind set with ability to recognize areas of improvement and recommend course of action to management
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!