Within the Progress Infrastructure Management business, and specifically with our Chef product line, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud - rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform enables hundreds of millions of people worldwide to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Join us as an Enterprise Account Manager in Germany.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing high-trust relationships with your clients, measured through revenue growth, retention and relationship health. This is a strategic role working with our key customers, key target accounts, and Progress' internal teams, and it has central importance to our ongoing success.
What you'll do:
- Develop strong business and account plans with your customers, ensure their execution, and conduct monthly and quarterly business reviews to monitor Progress
- From the business and accounts plans align with customers on driving more business value using the technology within the Progress portfolio
- Continuously work to expand the contact network and solution footprint in your accounts
- As the owner of the Progress relationship with your customers, you will manage the engagement of a virtual account team to deliver value and ROI to our customers
- Using an insightful and consultative approach to educate our customers while offering a unique perspective on best practices and solutions in various industry sectors is vital
- Facilitate executive meetings that measure Progress and business impact
- Uncover opportunity through analysis, inquisitiveness, and a deep understanding of your customer's business, including initiatives and drivers and aligning those to solutions
- Manage sales and renewal processes through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close
If you are someone who thrives in relationship building while challenging customers to think differently about their business, this is the right match for you. A good understanding of software development processes, application, and infrastructure monitoring, DevOps, security, and compliance management will be helpful. In addition, it would be great if you have/are:
- Extensive experience in Enterprise Software Sales
- Excellent German language skills with good knowledge of the DACH region and software business
- Successful experience managing a portfolio of clients consisting of large global companies with a high level of complexity, focus, and intensity.
- Driven to exceed revenue targets
- Know how to get things done through formal channels and informal networks
- A willingness to travel across the DACH region
- This is a work-from-home position, so you need to work independently but in close cooperation with the EMEA team. High energy, entrepreneurial spirit, and relentless drive to achieve results are necessary.
- A relevant University degree is desirable
We'd be happy to chat if this sounds like you and fits your experience and career goals. What we offer in return is the opportunity to experience a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and also to enjoy:
- Compensation: Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Benefits: Our benefits package varies depending on the country you are joining us in and is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our people
- Time-off and Leave: Generous vacation allowance, an additional day off for your birthday, and days off for volunteering
- Well-being: A global well-being program focused on the physical, mental, and financial health
- Focus on Employee Experience: We aim to create an environment where people view their time at Progress as the best career chapter by seeking your feedback, partnering with you, and recognizing and celebrating the moments that matter.
- Career Growth: We empower you to own your career and personalize your growth with career development tools, internal career mobility, knowledge sharing, and learning opportunities.