We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as an Engineering Manager for our remote team in both the United States and India.
Our Core C Release Engineering team operates at the nexus of a highly distributed engineering organization responsible for over one hundred individual open-source software projects. The tools, service, patterns, and practices we develop provide the entire organization with a best in breed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) experience. Using our homegrown Expeditor orchestrator, we've developed a pattern of "Release Process as Code" which empowers our engineering teams to quickly and reliably ship amazing products to our customers on the cadence that is appropriate to them.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a teams of software engineers and contractors to deliver great products to our customers
- Be accountable for the development and success of the release engineering team
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to deliver quality software on time
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company, including product management, UX, and customer teams
- Establish lean engineering processes that use collaboration, focus, and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by cultivating engineering excellence and career development
Who you are:
- You have 9+ years overall experience with 7+ years of software engineering experience and 2+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have experience with CI/CD tooling. Experience with Buildkite is a plus.
- You have experience with Cloud providers/technologies such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vSphere
- You have demonstrable software development skills in the Ruby and Go languages
- You enjoy collaborating closely with customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues and solve their problems
- Experience as a systems administrator is a huge plus
- Experience working with and leading remote teams is preferred
- Experience working with and leading contractors is preferred
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and provide great customer outcomes
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!