We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an End User Systems Administrator in our Bedford, MA office.JOB SUMMARY
As a vital member of the End User Support team you will perform day to day support, phone support, core application support, remote access and mobile computing support both via remote user desktop and desk-side. While the role is mainly in our Bedford, MA office, some light travel to our Waltham office is required.
Being the first point of contact for IT support, you must have very strong communication skills - will interact with and assist all levels of employees. You will need to work closely with secondary support and understand when to escalate an issue appropriately.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Engage directly with end users via phone, email, ServiceNow ticketing, and in person
- Manage End user support queue and respond promptly to tickets keeping the user informed of the status and resolution
- Clearly document each case in call management software, annotate all updates and properly document a final resolution
- Track, support, and remediate problems, requests, and document resolutions
- Troubleshoot remote access issues both software and hardware
- Research and resolve software/hardware errors through vendors and technical literature while routing other issues to appropriate staff when applicable
- Assist with employee new hire and terminations including shipping and setting up equipment for new hires and disabling accounts at termination
- Maintain and document inventory and supply needs including monitors, keyboards, mice and other peripherals
- Work with hardware vendors for support issues
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field and some experience in IT, preferably in a user support role
- Experience working in a corporate environment and able to work successfully on a team.
- Must possess the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- General understanding and experience with Windows 10, MAC OS, Active Directory, Office 365, VPN, and SKYPE for business.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Exceptional hardware and software problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Utilizing team members to assist with problem-solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to professionally interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and positive attitude.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Good multi-tasking skills, ability to prioritize effectively and ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Experience with AVAYA IP phones system a plus
- Familiarity with ServiceNow a plus
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!