Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.
In your role as an End User Systems Administrator you will:
- Provide technical support to employees for client hardware, software and business applications
- Collaborate with IT team members from all Progress locations worldwide on complex IT projects and issues
- Recommend hardware and software solutions and participate in IT projects to evaluate, test and implement these same technologies
- Manage user and computer accounts in a Microsoft Active Directory environment
- Participate in the workstation lifecycle management –automated deployment of new machines and user profile migration using SCCM and USMT
- Work closely with the Networking team to resolve various network connectivity issues
- Provide IT support for company events and workshops
- Participate in the team’s various ongoing projects like Windows 10 Evaluation and Rollout, Mac OS X Enterprise Management, Office 365 Integration
- Introduce new hires to internal IT systems and culture. May also provide training to educate end users on the use of basic and specialized applications
- Enhance users experience by improving existing or introducing new systems and processes
- At least 2+ years of experience in the IT end user support field
- Strong Windows client troubleshooting skills (Windows 7, 8.1 or 10)
- Good understanding of networking basics like DHCP, DNS, IP subnetting, Wi-Fi technologies
- Proficient hardware knowledge
- Strong communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences
- Microsoft, Cisco or similar industry certifications will be considered an advantage
- Experience with Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows Server technologies (Active Directory, WSUS, WDS, SCCM) or Virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, ESXi) will be considered an advantage
This position offers:
- Constant stream of IT challenges to solve, with the resources to solve them
- Chance to work with cutting-edge technologies - Windows 10, Sierra, Office 365, System Center 2012 R2
- Opportunity to expand your IT knowledge and acquire Microsoft, Apple and other industry certifications
- A team that operates globally on 5 continents
- Informal, friendly and knowledgeable environment
- Opportunity for professional growth