We are Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Junior End User Systems Administrator in our Alpharetta, GA office. This will be a hybrid role, mix of working at home and working in the GA office.JOB SUMMARY
As a vital member of the End User Support team, you will perform day-to-day support, phone support, core application support, remote access, and mobile computing support via remote user desktop and desk-side.
Being the first point of contact for IT support, you must have strong communication skills to interact with and assist all employees. You will need to work closely with other team members and understand when to escalate an issue appropriately.WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Provide IT support to Progress employees via phone, email, ServiceNow ticketing, and in-person
- Manage the IT support queue and respond promptly to tickets keeping the user informed of the status and resolution
- Clearly document each case in call management software, annotate all updates, and properly document a final resolution
- Track, support, and remediate problems and requests, and document resolutions
- Troubleshoot remote access issues both software and hardware
- Research and resolve software/hardware errors through vendors and technical literature while routing other issues to appropriate staff when applicable
- Assist with employee onboarding and terminations, including shipping and setting up equipment for new hires and disabling accounts at termination
- Maintain and document inventory and supply needs
- Work with hardware vendors for support issues
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field and some experience in IT, preferably in a user support role
- Experience working in a corporate environment and being able to work successfully on a team.
- Must possess the ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, dynamic environment
- General understanding and experience with Windows 10, macOS, Active Directory, Office 365, and Cisco VPN.
- The ability to quickly get up to speed and master new applications and software is critical.
- Standard hardware and software problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to execute through to completion.
- Utilizing team members to assist with problem-solving.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and collaborate with colleagues at all levels professionally.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and a positive attitude.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Familiarity with ServiceNow a plus
Here at Progress, we genuinely care about your employee experience. Our employees need to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their careers, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer various benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to various options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!