Job Title Director, Product Management
About The Team:
Progress DataDirect is a world leader in data connectivity and integration solutions, powering many of the world’s most popular data integration and analytics applications.
About the Job:
As Director, Product Management, you will own the product strategy for these data connectivity products, a major revenue driver for the data business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability and adoption of existing products to developing new products and new markets.
You must possess a great balance between business and technical know-how, and you have the determination to turn your ideas into reality. You enjoy meeting with customers, presenting our vision and roadmap, enabling our sales team, and helping define go-to-market strategies. Above all, you value innovation and strive to build great products.
As a Director, Product Management, you will be expected to:
- Manage the product lifecycle for our portfolio of data connectivity solutions across RDBMS, Big Data, NoSQL, and SaaS
- Clearly specify the market requirements and viable product strategies that will grow our market share
- Visit customers and prospects, conduct surveys, and use other means to gather insight we need to make data-driven decisions
- Work with Product Marketing to define the best global go-to-market strategies that play to our product strengths and our ability to execute
- Define the requirements and roadmaps needed by engineering to ensure we are building the right product for the market
- Measure and assess your product-line business to ensure it is on track and executing as planned
You will be the person who has:
- 6+ years of software product management experience
- Knowledge of ODBC, JDBC, OData and other data access standards is a strong differentiator
- Knowledgeable in data connectivity and data access, database management systems, Big Data, SaaS, and Analytics a strong plus
- Background in Computer Science a strong plus
This position requires travel to customer and sales offices globally (25%)
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.