We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s digital experiences quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work, and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as Director of Product Management with the DataDirect product group. This role will be full time working out of your home office in the United States, with occasional travel involved. Due to team location, both global and domestic, those in EST or CST zones are needed.
You’ll be part of the Progress Application Data Platform product team, reporting to the VP of Product Management. You will focus on the DataDirect product line. This is a strategic role that defines the WHAT and the WHY of your product, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with your engineering and global sales team in executing a winning strategy that connects the best products with the customers who need it. WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Manage a team of Product Managers and Product Owners, operating with agile processes, and making data-driven decisions to build a winning strategy.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into compelling and successful product initiatives and ultimately shipping products.
- Assess competition and alternative solutions to articulate distinct competencies, differentiation, and to identify opportunities.
- Own the strategic product initiatives, understand viable market windows, MVP priorities, and ensure seamless hand-off to the development teams and user experience designers. Work with them continuously to clarify business requirements and assess release risks.
- Determine product pricing and licensing policies that will lead to market success, competitive disruption, and revenue maximization.
- Analyze past performance to determine areas of focus vs. defocus and refine go-to-market strategies to maximize potential returns on invested capital.
- Manage a clearly communicated lifecycle policy for existing offerings.
- Identify optimal go-to-market strategy for the existing and evolving product line capabilities, take advantage of multi-channel distribution model.
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, differentiation, market strategies, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market.
- Assist marketing with thought leadership content, persona definitions, strategic direction, and other necessary information.
- Assist the sales team with opportunities, non-standard contracts, pricing and discounting, and whatever necessary to win deals.
- Manage and develop technology partnerships.
- Hands-on experience in a fast-paced Manager role in enterprise software, preferably with Data Connectivity and Integration solutions, though DCI product not required. You will not be considered if your background is limited to solely being a more senior level individual contributor. This role is managing several people and prior experience specific to this task is required.
- Leadership credibility, decision making, influencing and consensus building acumen in a large, globally distributed organization.
- Pragmatic approach to Product Management that can scale for established and growing product lines.
- Tenacity and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Empathy for the user personas of these products, the markets at large, the competition, and what it takes to build a winning offering.
- Track record of successfully applying Agile principles (familiarity with SAFe is a plus), with a strong working knowledge of defining user personas, building prototypes, and gathering market/user validation.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Willing to travel up to 25% internationally and domestic.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.