We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Director, Product Management in our Developer Tooling business unit.
We are looking for an experienced, go-to-market focused Director to run the global Testing business for Progress. In this role you will function as a general manager, leading a 15-person team to re-define and execute on the strategic vision for our software testing tools business. You will be responsible for the all aspects of the business including: sales, engineering, product management and product marketing.
The Director, Product Management of Testing will possess a blend of business and technical skills, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The right candidate will have a strong background in product management, product marketing and/or sales, experience with developer-oriented products, be a strategic thinker, and have a track record of successfully executed go-to market strategies. The role will report to the GM of the Developer Tooling business unit.
- Design the strategic vision for the next generation of Progress’ Testing business, and drive successful execution across all business functions (product strategy, product marketing and software engineering)
- Actively participate as a member of the Developer Tooling business unit leadership team
- Own and drive the development of effective, targeted messaging and product positioning
- Develop & Implement growth strategies for: License; Expansion; Renewal (Create and execute plan for the improvement of renewal rates) ; New Product / Business Opportunities via Innovation or M&A
- Manage cross-functional teams in the creation of strategic product plans, programs, sales motions, and roadmaps.
- Responsible for pricing, packaging, positioning, sales enablement, releases, business performance, forecasting, tracking, and alignment between various functions.
- Oversee the creation of crisp messaging and lead the effort to refresh the Test Studio website & all external collateral.
- Oversee customer insight programs to uncover requirements and market data that will help guide product management efforts.
- Partner with finance to create and manage budgets related to the Testing division
- Drive strong enablement for the sales team in collaboration with the sales leadership of the business unit
- Collaborate with sales leadership and finance to define sales team regions and quotas
- Setup and lead inquiries and briefings with key industry analysts
- Create reports and presentations for the executive team at Progress as needed
- Manage internal cross functional and external / customer facing escalations
- Evangelize the market strategy to customers, partners, staff, analysts and press
- Understand and be willing to dive into existing PPC campaigns and lead workflows to ensure optimal performance
- Extensive experience in product management, product marketing, and/or sales for enterprise software businesses/products
- Experience with strategic planning, gathering and using market data to evaluate new markets, personas, creation of GTM strategies, competitors’ strategies, consumer insights marketing.
- Good knowledge of the software testing market, specifically automated functional testing.
- High energy self-starter. Capable of leading and motivating a team, but also being hands on when needed.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences, e.g. QA engineers, technical developers, less technical marketing managers, and external customer/partner audiences
- Strong writing skills. Ability to write and review content to advance thought leadership, attract prospects, and educate existing customers.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!