We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Director of Marketing Operations for our Corporate Marketing group. The majority of the team is based in our Burlington office, but remote is an option as well.
Progress Software is seeking a Director of Marketing Operations to provide leadership to a team that ensures campaign performance is optimized, lead flow is at peak performance, and is laser focused on data quality. You will be responsible for project and resource planning, marketing analytics and operational excellence. You will combine strategy, technology and metrics to impact business needs as well as coordinate cross-functionally to achieve company goals.
You will be a critical member of the marketing leadership team who will bring strategic recommendations to Progress by using best practices and industry standards. You must be able to manage complex business needs with competing priorities, be comfortable in a fast-paced, demanding environment where you will be handling high profile initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Project and Resource Planning:
- Contribute to success of Marketing organization at Progress by always looking forward to drive efficiencies & scale
- Communicate with executive stakeholders on their priorities, with the goal of making their sales & marketing programs a source of marketing generated revenue
- Manage a large growing team, including, technical architects, campaign execution and analysts. Being their advisor when challenges both technical and business arise.
- Be Acquisition Ready! You will be a master of creating execution plans for integrating systems, people, and processes in the event of a company acquisition
Systems & Processes:
- Own the roadmap for our marketing technology infrastructure ensuring the technology is successfully evaluated, implemented, and customized to meet our business objectives
- Bring operational excellence by monitoring lead management processes and communicate critical issues to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure lead management and assignment in Salesforce is optimized and partner with Sales & Sales Operations to support sales coverage
- Database health is of highest priority, you will always aim to secure the most complete contact profile & only send the best quality leads to sales
- Enhance segmentation strategy to support GTM
- Partner with IT to utilize multiple sources of internal system data
Marketing Metrics and ROI Analysis:
- Oversee marketing reporting and dashboard development
- Work with the leadership team to build, manage and present metrics on funnel performance from awareness to closed won
- Manage the marketing budget platform in Hive9 and report on marketing ROI
- Lead a team of experts by coaching and developing their skillset for long-term success
- Leads a global team of professionals/experts where collaboration and appreciation for differences and experiences are celebrated
- Fosters an environment that builds a high performing team that achieves current and future business need
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Solid experience on similar Marketing Operations position in a technology-related field.
- Experience managing team(s) and people with diverse professional background
- Proven leadership abilities to motivate, coach, and develop others
- Strong technical experience working with Marketing Automation & CRM, Eloqua/Salesforce preferred
- Experience with BI tools required
- Knowledge of Sirius Decisions Demand Waterfall
- Strong project management and analytic skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Very good communication and negotiations skills, experience partnering with executive stakeholders
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities; able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience contributing to the success of mergers/acquisitions and to M&A readiness within Marketing and the business would be a plus
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!