We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Director of Information Security in our Bedford, MA headquarter location. Due to Covid 19 pandemic, Progress is operating remotely for the time being, however once offices reopen in the future, this role will transition into Bedford. Candidates will need to be local to Bedford office from the beginning.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Reporting to the CISO, this role will drive the development, implementation and monitoring of a comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Lead the identification, reporting, and response to information security incidents
- Lead a global INFOSEC team
- Responsible for staying current with the changing threat landscape of internal and external cyber security threats and appropriately responding to them
- Develop and enhance an information security management framework
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise risk awareness
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- Develop KPIs for measuring and improving the effectiveness of the overall information security plan.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC) certifications preferred
- Familiar with and have implemented relevant security frameworks such as, ISO 27001, NIST CSF, HIPPA, GDPR, PCI, etc.
- Extensive experience of information security leadership role
- Extensive experience in the architecture, design, and implementation of secure solutions for infrastructure, applications, and compliance.
- Strong, hands-on technical expertise in the areas of information security architecture, network access controls, Security Event Management, intrusion detection & remediation and perimeter security.
- Experience with the development and running a security incident program
- Experience with implementing an Application Security program
- Developed Business Continuity or Disaster Recovery Processes
- Participated in Enterprise Risk Management committee
- Expertise in presenting to the CEO staff members and Board of Directors
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a large matrix organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management
- Experience with Cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, and/or Google computing across virtualized environments.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!