We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Director, Human Capital Business Partner in our Bedford, MA location.JOB SUMMARY:
Our high-performing Human Capital Team is looking for a Human Capital Business Partner to join us as we challenge ourselves and the businesses that we support to think about HR differently. The HCBP will partner strategically with our core Engineering organization and Legal team and the broader Human Capital Team to address organizational needs, advise and coach leaders and identify current and future people implications. If you want to think innovatively to make our people a strategic differentiator for our business, while using your broad Human Capital experience, we might be the team for you.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- As a critical member of the human capital Leadership Team, contribute to the broader global Human Capital vision, strategy and execution of initiatives helping ensure the strategic goals align as appropriate across the broader organization
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a broad-based and transformational talent agenda designed to recruit, develop and retain the very best innovative talent in the business
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and execute best practices which promote employee engagement and foster a high-performing global workforce that contributes to the company’s strategic growth
- Provide proactive and strategic guidance and support for organizational planning and people initiatives that are in support of key business strategies and initiatives in the organization
- Partner with senior leaders to create highly effective leadership teams within each organization and develop current and future leaders (ex. leadership team health assessment, succession planning and development)
- Use metrics and business judgement to analyze complex situations, diagnose root cause and recommend appropriate plans to optimize talent, structure and culture.
- Play an active role in successfully executing M&As and integrating acquisitions into the business.
- Establish trust and credibility with leaders as a valuable sounding board on organizational and talent issues. Recommend and design organizational changes to optimize organization and talent.
- Partner with the centers of excellence to proactively contribute into the creation, development and roll out of global processes and programs including new programs that are designed to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Experience partnering with Senior Management to understand the talent needs of the organization and to create strategies and plans that build talent capabilities and enable the organization to achieve its aggressive growth objectives.
- Confidence in influencing and interacting with executives.
- High capability in guiding organizations through periods of change.
- Comfortable to challenge the status quo with a passion to deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Able to exercise excellent professional judgment.
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team, providing support to other team members.
- Proven leadership abilities to motivate, coach, and develop others.
- Deep experience with employee relations.
- Highly analytical with proven problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose root cause.
- Experience contributing into the success of mergers/acquisitions and to M&A readiness within Human Capital and the business.
- Proven ability to work effectively with remote multiple sites over great distances.
- Ability to effectively utilize collaboration technologies (ex. SharePoint, Skype for Business) and HRIS platforms (Workday is a plus)
- Experience in an international technology company and experience supporting an R&D/Technology business unit preferred
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!