Content Marketing is central to our customer acquisition efforts. The Director of Content Marketing is responsible for developing the content and content plan that will drive successful thought leadership around our new strategy and powerful demand generation for our current products. This individual will work in lockstep with demand generation and product marketing teams to establish a unified content marketing model and strategy across the organization. About the Challenge:
The Content Marketing Director will collaborate with multiple functional groups including digital marketing, product marketing, developer relations, and demand generation to ensure we are building an active audience, and leveraging our content to drive the most impact for the business. In this role, the Content Marketing Director will refine existing publication processes, create world-class content assets, harmonize content creation processes across the organization, define publication schedules and collaborate on content amplification and demand generation strategies. The Content Marketing Director will lead a team of 4 writers and editors and have access to design and other support resources internally as needed.
- Lead a collaborative effort to create a unified content marketing strategy.
- Develop a scalable and agile content marketing model. Perpetually optimize the model and evolve the strategy to meet the needs of a fast-paced technology company.
- Prioritize projects and align resources to deliver maximum impact from content programs.
- Identify and implement technology and resources need to support a streamlined publication process.
- Socialize, collaborate and document the content strategy and best practices.
- Drive the content creation and publication process to ensure content is high quality and process is agile.
- Manage an internal team of writers and editors as a leader and also act as a hands-on content creator.
- Partner with demand generation and social teams to develop an omni-channel amplification strategy.
- Track and report on content marketing ROI.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-7 years of experience leading content marketing efforts for enterprise software companies.
- Experience building a new content marketing discipline from the ground up.
- World-class writing skills and communication skills.
- World-class organizational and project management skills.
- Proven track record of innovative content campaign strategies that contribute to measurable business outcomes.
- Ability to think like a publisher/journalist.
- Understanding of visitor segmentation and personalization.
- Experience with digital advertising, content syndication, and amplification.
- Experience working within a global matrix organization.
- Budget and vendor management experience.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, analytical skills.
- Strong people leadership skills and cross-functional leadership by influence skills.