Progress is now hiring a Developer Advocate for our Telerik Developer Relations team!
About us: At Progress, the Developer Relations team connects our sales, marketing, and engineering teams to the developer community. We directly support and encourage developers who build desktop, web, and mobile apps using the Telerik line of products. A Developer Advocate at Progress is an engaged evangelist of our products and services, as well as a voice for the developer within our company. Developer Advocates are often ex-engineers looking to extend their influence in the community via public speaking engagements, generating written/video content, and promoting Progress as a whole.
Developer Advocates must be able to talk intelligently and enthusiastically about application development to developers, developer managers, and executives alike; moving effortlessly between technical details and product strategy. They are experts in their technical field of focus and are masters of content creation.
- Drive the success of Progress products by delivering articulate, effective, and entertaining written content for a developer audience
- Create technically-oriented presentations for in-person or online delivery, including slides, demos and sharable code
- Become a trusted and recognized technical thought leader for customers, partners, and prospects
- Enable customer success by building sample projects that help illustrate how to Progress products can be used to accomplish specific tasks
- Champion Progress products in various developer communities
- Advocate for developers internally and provide early feedback to engineering regarding inside industry information and real world product use
- Engage with the Progress Developer Expert community frequently to build relationships and maintain relationships with industry influencers and active customers
- Establish a cross-functional relationship with engineering, marketing, and other functions within the business to collaborate on projects and deliverables
- Must be willing to travel to industry events to deliver presentations and support onsite marketing activities (25% travel expected)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS OR equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with one or more Progress products is a plus
- Relevant domain expertise in the product area(s) assigned
- Experience presenting at tech conferences/hackathons/meetups, or a willingness to learn
- Experience writing technical articles or blogs targeted at developers
- Contributor to open source projects is a plus