We're Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Technical Support Engineer, Senior 2 for our Product support team in Hyderabad.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate the ability to handle a large number of cases efficiently and effectively
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues of highest complexity involving 3rd party products using a variety of resources, including documentation, knowledge base, bug database, source code, and the worldwide technical and field teams via Community forums.
- Run customer test cases when available, and develop test cases and examples as required to resolve problems, using methodical testing to isolate and identify problems
- Manage difficult customers and customer expectations effectively and professionally
- Escalate issues to management or other team members
- Document product defects and feature requests clearly in the corresponding systems. Provide Engineering with clear and complete information, when engineering assistance is required, carrying out recommended diagnostic steps and gathering information as necessary
- Demonstrate and apply a good understanding of knowledge capturing principles (e.g. Create new knowledge resources and/or update the existing onesÂ - product demos, KB and technical articles, code libraries)
- Act as a source of knowledge and develop other team members by mentoring new hires and junior TSEs, providing constructive feedback on training needs, deliver knowledge in the form of presentations and technical documents.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems experience, or MS with or equivalent experience or degree
- Solid programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies and excellent communication skills in Japanese and English language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issuesÂ
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to details
- Knowledge/experience with C, C++, Java, development IDEs such as Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc
- Operating systems: Windows, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris, AIX, HP, IBM z/OSÂ
- Knowledge of Applications Servers (BEA, IBM, JBoss, Oracle), XML, HTTP, SSL, HTTP/S, TCP protocols.Â
- Strong Customer Support Experience.
- Familiarity preferred but not essential: Perl, Kerberos, SSL, TCP protocols, SOAP, REST, IIS, Virtualization (VMWare preferred)
Shift Timings :- 12:30 to 9:30 pm IST
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans