We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Counsel, Litigation, working a hybrid role between your home office and our headquarters in Burlington, MA.
Progress’ fast-paced Legal team is looking to add an in-house attorney to play a critical role in managing and representing the company in all legal matters related to litigation. Outstanding candidates will have multiple years of practical litigation experience and the ability to take a critical role in managing complex litigation and disputes. This role will report to the company’s VP & Deputy General Counsel and work closely with Progress’ entire Legal team, including its Chief Legal Officer, as well as, various business units, and reporting on litigation risk to the C-level.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Litigation Management: In collaboration with the VP & Deputy General Counsel, manage outside counsel in all stages of litigation, including but not limited to setting case strategy and directing counsel to execute on same, including without limitation reviewing all court filings, preparing for and attending depositions, court hearings, etc...
- Risk Assessment: Analyze potential litigation risks and provide strategic advice to the company's leadership on mitigating and resolving disputes.
- Litigation Avoidance and Risk Management Strategy: Develop and execute best practices and strategies for managing litigation risk, company hygiene relating to and resolving dispute and litigation risks in a cost-effective and timely manner while aligning with the company's overall goals.
- Software Compliance Support: Serve as the primary Legal escalation point for the company’s Strategic Asset Management team to support the company’s license compliance enforcement. Collaborate with the Strategic Asset Management and business teams to devise Legal strategies to maximize compliance audit results across the company’s product lines.
- Regulatory Compliance: Collaborate with other members of the Legal team, as well as business and operations teams to provide legal advice and support on a wide range of matters, including regulatory compliance, internal investigations and development of best practices.
- Legal Research: Stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and industry trends to ensure the company remains in compliance and well-informed.
- Contract Review: Review and assess company contracts and agreements to identify potential legal risks and provide guidance on negotiation and risk mitigation.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) from an accredited law school
- Admission to a state Bar and in good standing
- Experience practicing as a litigation attorney, preferably with experience in-house or at a reputable law firm. Public company representation strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of civil litigation, including trial experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong ethics and integrity in the practice of law.
- Sense of humor required
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!