Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress.
We are looking for a knowledgeable and motivated Data Governance and Migration Principal to join the Enterprise Applications Team in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The Enterprise Applications team is adding a data-focused role to the Architecture and Innovation Team.
What you’ll do:
The Data Governance and Migration Principal will be responsible for developing and implementing a data governance framework for the enterprise application stack, ensuring data quality, and setting up frameworks for successful data migration for mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
- Develop and implement data governance policies and controls for the enterprise application stack (primarily Salesforce.com), ensuring adherence and implementation
- Drive best practices for object and field creation, naming conventions, documentation, and definitions.
- Develop processes and practices to maintain a meta-data dictionary, visualize data lineage, document entity-relationship diagrams, etc.
- Tagging of PII and other compliance-specific data
- Design and implement mechanisms to benchmark, monitor, and continuously improve data quality
- Proactively partner with data architects and engineers to develop policies, procedures, and systems for M&A data migration.
- Continuously evaluate the data governance framework and make recommendations for improvements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Excellent English, Communication, and Collaboration skills - partnering with colleagues globally
- Relevant experience (6-8 years) in data governance and data migration of business applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, etc) as well as database (SQL) and reporting platforms (Tableau)
- Experience implementing or utilizing data governance platforms, frameworks, and methodologies
Here’s what we offer:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones onsite
- Flexible working hours
But most importantly, great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!