About the Role:
This role is a total focus on customer care across our existing customer’journey; from inquiry through to fulfillment and beyond. This position is highly strategic role in protecting our customer base and identifying growth opportunities for Progress. Strong communications skills will drive and accelerate mutual success with our customers, partners and stakeholders in a cross-functional environment. This role will have a material impact on how our customers value their investment with Progress by leveraging their investment to achieve their business outcomes. This role is responsible for continuous improvement of processes, while identifying key adoption triggers and call to actions or plays. It will work collaboratively with the business unit as well as effectively communicating with internal cross-functional line of business contacts.
- Integral member of the Customer Account Representative team responsible for managing an assigned List of Accounts for the purpose of helping Sales rebuild and improve relationships with our existing Tier 4 customer base.
- Researching /reaching out to existing customers and ensuring Progress has the most up to date information for each account. You will be responsible for ensuring Progress has updated customer contact information, company details and visibility into which Progress products and services each customer is using.
- Assist with any day to day customer requests, activities which may arise and ensuring each request is properly tracked and routed to the appropriate Progress representative (Inside Sales, Customer Order Management team, Renewals team, etc>)
- Laser focus on helping to reduce churn, and identifying opportunities for increased product usage at each account.
- Ensuring and maintaining customer details are updated in Progress CRM (SalesForce) systems
- Apply business curiosity to engage in conversations of discovery that yield successful renewals, upsells, win-backs, cross sells and referrals.
- Assist with identifying new opportunities, including upselling and cross-selling of related products, accountable for client renewal and retention results
- Assist sales, tech support, finance and product teams to contribute to continual customer satisfaction
- Protect the contract revenue stream.
- Identify and transfer new business leads to account management teams
- 1-3 + years of relevant customer experience in a high-tech industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Highly motivated, detail oriented, results driven, with a customer first mentality and eager to learn
- Thrives in a team environment and is a self-starter who takes initiative.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to create & assess sales opportunities in existing customer & prospective customer organizations.
- Exceptional telephone and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication, consultative, and influence skills.
- Focused attention to detail allowing for delivery of high quality end user experiences. Proven team player and ability to orchestrate value in coordination with multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment to meet evolving business requirements
- Ability to articulate value messaging and influence adoption
- Passion to close all types of transactions
- Enthusiasm for successfully troubleshooting resulting in a stellar customer experience
- Ability to re-engage with long lost customers and turn them into Progress Proud Fans again
- Discovery and selling skills
- Customer advocacy
- Stealth attention to detail, following and improving processes
- Pride in your knowledge and application of our products, systems and tools both internally and externally
- Pivoting ability across many tasks daily
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!