Are you looking to get your foot in the door to a super cool and exciting company? Growing up did you always outperform your friends when it came to selling candy, lemonade, Girl Scout cookies, etc.?! Are you looking for a way to build a solid sales foundation? If any of this sounds true, you'd probably be a good fit for Progress' Customer Advocate position!
Progress is seeking a Customer Advocate to join the team in Waltham, MA. As a Customer Advocate, you will gain exposure to many facets of the sales organization. Customer Advocates are the first point of contact for DevTools/Telerik customers. This person will be responsible for segmenting incoming leads that come to us via a variety of channels. Additional tasks include assisting sales team members with quote requests, processing orders, researching accounts, assignment of accounts, license key management, and prompt, courteous follow-up on all inquiries.
About the Role:
Here are some things you would have done last week, if you were a part of our team, as a Customer Advocate:
- Processed sales orders: issued quotes, invoices, processed payments (credit card/check/bank transfers)
- Provided customers’ with their license key and assisted with licensing related issues
- Responded to in-bound customer sales inquiries: answered all pricing and licensing related questions, extended evaluation licenses, thanked customers, and responding to other first level sales inquiries
- Triaged customer queries: escalating concerns or complaints related to the sale, licensing or pricing of our products to the appropriate team
- Understood processes and changes: maintained a detailed understanding of procurement processes, licensing and pricing updates, promotions and campaigns
- Tracked sales activities, customer interactions, customer data and customers' status within internal systems and on internal reports
- Served as the liaison between customers and appropriate company departments to champion the needs of the customers
- Identified issues and brought this to the Team Lead’s attention
- Handled incoming calls and either answered the customers question or directed them to the appropriate person.
- Monitored the main voicemail system and ensured messages were responded to in a timely manner
- Assisted other internal teams on an ad hoc basis
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Interest in sales
- Passionate about helping potential customers quickly and effectively reach decisions about the company’s total product offerings
- Excellent verbal, business writing, and presentation skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Able to switch gears and work on another project quickly
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience within the IT or Software industry is an advantage
- CRM experience is considered a plus
If you are looking for a:
- Chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting-edge products
- Constant stream of fun challenges to solve- with the resources to solve them
- Friendly, informal, and knowledge-sharing environment with smart people around you
- Way to impact millions of people worldwide through your ideas
- Fantastic benefits program
- Company with fun social events
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!