Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress. And as a Customer Account Representative in Rotterdam, you can join us in doing what we do best: propelling business forward.
In this role, you will be working with our customers to ensure successful renewal and retention of existing client contracts. By demonstrating the value and benefits of the Progress products, you will be identifying opportunities to close more revenue and enable the adoption and expansion of our solutions by up-selling and cross-selling. Along with all that, you will also act as a trusted partner of our Tier III enterprise customers advising them on various questions and helping them tackle any challenges that they might have. Ideally, you would bring in solid & relevant contract renewals/sales operations experience in an enterprise environment, solid MS Excel skills, meticulous attention to detail, stellar communication skills and fluency in Spanish & English (French is a big advantage), as well as great energy and enthusiasm.
On a typical day of the job you will:
- Engage in conversations that result in successful renewals, up-sells, win-backs, cross-sells and referrals as well as identify and transfer new business leads to account management teams
- Reconcile orders against contract parameters ensuring proper license configurations and pricing
- Prepare quotes and book orders of diverse complexity to ensure proper invoicing
- Manage pipeline by tracking all customer activity, from prospect to deal closure
- Maintain an updated sales forecast in SalesForce.com
- Handle customer inquiries through to resolution while building up our customers’ awareness and understanding of the product attributes, elements, upgrades, add-ons, etc.
- Partner with Sales, Tech Support, Finance, and product teams to address challenges and ensure customer satisfaction
To succeed in this role, you should be/have:
If this sounds like the right fit for your experience and career interests, we would be happy to talk to you! What we offer in return is:
- Background in contract renewals, sales operations, or account management within an enterprise environment
- Relevant educational background in technology, business, economics or similar.
- Proficiency in Spanish is required, good command of English (French is a big advantage)
- Very good command of Excel with the ability to easily interpret mathematical information
- Results-driven, with a customer-first mentality and eager to learn
- Strong communication, consultative, and influencing skills
- Proven team player
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to meet evolving business requirements
- Stealth attention to detail, following and improving processes
- 24 days’ vacation (increased after years of service) + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium Collective Health Insurance Plan with a monthly employer contribution
- Premium Collective Pension Scheme fully funded by Progress
- Company-paid commuting/mileage reimbursement
- Fitness Program, allowing you to choose a gym and enjoy the discount and tax-advantage