Are you ambitious? Motivated? Do you prefer the “we” to the “I”? Do you tackle change and challenges with a true passion for what you do? You hate mediocrity and you’ve always wanted to work in a great company with great people. If this sounds like you, then continue to read on!
Progress is currently looking for a temporary attorney to join our team in Bedford, MA. This person will be responsible for working on a wide variety of business and legal matters.
If you were a part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week as Counsel:
• Supported the company’s procurement efforts in the negotiation of purchasing agreements across a wide variety of areas, including SaaS agreements for business applications, hardware purchases, marketing agreements, IT agreements and statements of work relating to services and/or implementation of processes and programs.
• Supported the business on issues relating to other enterprise-wide company functions, such as Marketing, IT and Corporate Services.
• Enforced the company’s intellectual property rights by policing internet theft and piracy of the company’s IP assets, including trademarks and copyrighted material.
• Assisted in the company’s data privacy compliance efforts, including facilitating and managing the Data Subject Access Rights Request process, reviewing Data Processing Agreements and other contracts from customers and vendors relating to the company’s obligations under data protection laws and regulations, tracking changes to data privacy laws and maintaining the company’s data inventory maintained.
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in at least two of the areas listed above;
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials; member of Massachusetts Bar in good standing;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Proven analytical, time management, and problem solving skills;
• Experience drafting and negotiating business agreements;
• Ability to successfully manage competing priorities and work independently on a wide range of issues and projects, while delivering quality work under a tight time frame;
• Capacity to think independently or adapt to different project situations;
• A team player
• A sense of humor
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Share this open position