Job Title: Compensation Analyst
About The Team:
Our Compensation team is one of the Centers of Expertise (COE), in the Human Capital group. The team is responsible for designing, delivering and supporting the global compensation programs including base pay, short-term variable incentives, and long-term incentives. It’s an exciting time to join as there are lots of opportunities to define and improve processes, practices, and infrastructure, and to make an impact on Progress’s approach to compensation. Our forward-thinking Compensation Analyst will partner with our Human Capital Business Partners, Talent Acquisition team and leaders throughout the organization.
About the Job:
- Play a lead role in the annual compensation planning cycle for merit, bonus and equity through program design, system preparation, testing, training, budget reporting, communications and analytical support
- Build quantitative models in Excel, including data gathering, data modeling, analysis, and create exhibits in PowerPoint
- Conduct the annual market pay analysis, develop salary ranges, and deliver conclusions and recommendations on the company's competitive position to management
- Participate in the creation and implementation of a Rewards Strategy and global infrastructure
- Advise Human Capital Business Partners on compensation guidelines, policies and practices
- Identify and recommend improvements and efficiencies around compensation programs, processes, reporting and support initiatives
- Provide support in the creation and compilation of Compensation Committee meeting materials
- Contribute to various other compensation activities including participating in global compensation surveys, completing ad hoc job evaluation and market data requests, partnering with HRIS in implementing compensation modules in Workday, optimizing the setup and maintaining MarketPay, ensuring compliance with SOX, internal policies, and local labor laws, and conducting research related to emerging Human Capital trends
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 4 years in a Compensation Analyst or Senior Compensation Analyst role, having worked with theory, design, practices and analytical modeling
- Superior Excel skills; you must know how to work a spreadsheet like no one else. At a minimum, you should be able to easily run vlookups, logical functions, and create pivot tables and charts
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to perform independent in-depth analysis
- Strong attention to detail and a measured sense of urgency
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management and diverse audiences both in oral and written formats
- Demonstrated ability to lead or play a key role in complex projects from inception through completion
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with potentially shifting priorities
- Previous experience with Workday and MarketPay will be an added advantage
- CCP and/or GRP certifications preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally with departments such as Finance, IT, Legal, Payroll, and the global Human Capital team
Today’s digital business reality demands new approaches and ideas. At the core of Progress is a single-minded determination to help businesses exceed the expectations of their customers. We don’t just build software, services and solutions. We create momentum. We spur success. We enable companies to deliver on their own promises. We triumph when our customers triumph.
This is a challenge we proudly embrace because we’re obsessed with creating software that consistently delivers tangible, measurable results across the board.
Today we are the destination of choice for developers building apps; tomorrow, we will be the Company who helps them connect with customers more effectively in this digital economy.
This commitment means we’re never satisfied with the now. Our customers rely on us to be ready for tomorrow, today. They rely on us to make progress.