We’re Progress – we offer the best products to develop, deploy, and manage high-impact business applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Compensation Analyst working from your home office in the United States.JOB SUMMARY:
Progress Software is seeking a forward-thinking Compensation Analyst to join our Total Rewards team. The Compensation Analyst is a key contributor in the administration and development of Compensation and Total Rewards programs globally, across the organization. The ideal candidate is an analytical-minded self-starter who is eager to dive right in and make an immediate impact on the global Total Rewards function. This role ensures our employees are compensated and rewarded equitably by maintaining accurate and reliable data, performing in-depth analyses, drawing insights and conclusions from data, and creating and improving processes. The Compensation Analyst will ensure that compensation plans and programs are administered consistent with company objectives and strategy and ensure that all plans follow local regulations. WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Assist with the company’s annual compensation planning cycle for merit, bonus, commission and equity through system preparation, testing, training, budget reporting, communications, and analytical support
- Build quantitative models in Excel, including data gathering, data modeling, analysis, and create exhibits in PowerPoint
- Administer all survey activities including evaluating surveys for appropriate coverage and participating in surveys
- Help maintain the company’s internal job structures (salary ranges, external benchmarks, job codes, grade levels, titling)
- Partner with People Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to advise on pay strategies (initial offers, retention, internal equity, market competitiveness)
- Identify and recommend improvements and efficiencies around compensation programs, processes, reporting and support initiatives
- Ensure compliance with SOX, internal policies, and local labor laws
- Partner closely with HRIS team to optimize and maintain HRIS system
- Experience in a Compensation Analyst role, having worked with theory, design, practices, and analytical modeling
- Superior Excel skills. At a minimum, you should be able to easily run vlookups, logical functions, and create pivot tables and charts
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to perform independent in-depth analysis
- Experience with Workday and Payfactors highly preferred
- Strong attention to detail and a measured sense of urgency
- Desire to expand skillset outside of Compensation function and into broader Total Rewards.
- Some experience or knowledge in broad-based health and welfare programs is preferred but not required.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, management and diverse audiences both in oral and written formats.
- Ability to successfully lead projects with potentially shifting priorities
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Medical, dental, vision, life & disability, and financial benefits (including 401(k) retirement savings plan. Tuition Reimbursement program. Additional voluntary benefits including crucial illness/hospital indemnity, identity theft protection, auto & home insurance, legal, and pet insurance.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and best-in-class Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) with a 27-month lookback
- Flexible paid vacation time, paid day off for your birthday, and company holidays. A variety of leave plans, including Parental Leave.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and an employee well-being program focusing on physical, mental, and financial health.