We’re Progress – we offer the leading platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as our first-ever Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer (CIDO) in our Bedford, MA location.
We are looking for a Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer to join us as we challenge ourselves and the businesses that we support to think about inclusion, diversity, and equality differently. In this role, you will partner strategically with our CEO leadership team, Human Capital team, and change-makers across our organization to shape inclusion strategy and practices and to help steer us to a brighter, more diverse future. In partnership with the Chief People Officer and the CEO, you will help to assess organizational needs, challenge inclusive practices, and ultimately champion, promote, and continue to guide our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) strategy and initiatives.
If you want to think innovatively and be a part of what makes our people a strategic differentiator for our business, while using your broad experience in the world of diversity, equity, and inclusion, we might be the team for you.
Your Focus Area:
- As the most senior executive dedicated to creating a more inclusive and diverse team within Progress, you will actively participate in setting companywide Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) strategy
- Partner with our Organizational Effectiveness and Talent Acquisition teams to shape and communicate guidelines for Progress hiring managers on inclusive hiring practices and ongoing development opportunities for our people through our Learning and Development investments
- Partner with our Inclusion and Diversity Committee to advance alignment on objectives
- Work directly with every member of our Senior Leadership team to define strategies and objectives for their teams and business
- Interact directly with our CEO to inform strategic investments
- Be accountable to our Board of Directors on Progress’ commitments and advancement on inclusive and diverse practices and representation
Talent Acquisition Process:
- Assess the current state of the TA team and global objectives with regard to diversity and representation
- In partnership with the TA leader, develop a diverse recruitment strategy. This may include job posting optimization, recruiting marketing channel development, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning, talent planning targeted and new and more diverse talent pools
- Through an understanding of our key regional talent markets, support the creation of targeted recruitment approaches
- Manage and create strategies for our social assets (company website, Linkedin, Glassdoor, etc.) that complement our brand strategy, TA strategy and support our I&D efforts and objectives
KPIs and Measurements:
- Recommend and drive employee experience and engagement objectives with regard to inclusion
- Recommend and drive representation metrics globally, by region and by business unit
- Advance and iterate I&D scorecard and approach to measure key performance indicators based on strategy and objectives
- Serve as a key member and thought leader for Progress’ Inclusion and Diversity Committee
- Support existing and newly forming ERGs
- Participate as a key member of the Human Capital Leadership team and a key partner to the Global TA leader
What You Will Do:
- As a critical member of the Human Capital Leadership Team, contribute to the broader global Human Capital vision, strategy, and execution of initiatives helping ensure the strategic goals align as appropriate across the broader organization.
- Serve as a strategic subject matter expert to senior leadership focused on transformation.
- Partner with senior leadership to develop and execute best practices that promote employee engagement and foster a high-performing global workforce that contributes to the company’s strategic growth.
- Partner with senior leaders to create highly effective leadership teams with an understanding of and dedication to our inclusion and diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Use metrics and business judgment to analyze complex situations, diagnose the root cause, and recommend appropriate plans to optimize talent, structure, and culture.
- Play an active role in successfully executing M&As and integrating acquisitions into the business with a particular focus on representation and diversification.
- Establish trust and credibility with leaders as a valuable sounding board on organizational and talent issues. Recommend and design organizational changes to optimize organization and talent.
- Partner with the centers of excellence to proactively contribute to the creation, development, and roll-out of global processes and programs including new programs that are designed to meet the current and future I&D needs of the organization.
What Would Make You a Good Candidate for the Role:
- Experience partnering with Senior Management to understand how to effectively align leaders around inclusion and diversity objectives
- Confidence in influencing and interacting with executives
- High capability in guiding organizations through periods of change
- Comfortable challenging the status quo with a passion to deliver results in a dynamic environment
- Able to exercise excellent professional judgment
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team, providing support to other team members
- Proven leadership abilities to influence, motivate, coach, and develop others
- Highly analytical with proven problem-solving skills including the ability to diagnose the root cause
- Experience contributing to the success of mergers/acquisitions
- Proven ability to work effectively with remote multiple sites over great distances
- Ability to effectively utilize collaboration technologies
- Experience in an international technology company is preferred
What We Offer in Return:
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our people to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our workforce. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off. By the way, this role will help us consider other benefits that we may not have considered to support our Progressers around the globe. Be part of our change!