Progress has been delivering the platform and tools that organisations need to develop and deploy mission-critical business applications for 38 years. Progress customers span the globe and include thousands of partners that build their business application offerings on Progress, and tens of thousands of organisations using Progress to build their own mission-critical applications.
As the devices and interfaces on which applications run proliferate, the systems and data that need to be connected rises, organisations are looking for a modern platform that enables them to quickly and easily develop and deliver tomorrow’s business applications. Content rich websites and mobile applications are today’s business applications.
Progress’s platform makes building and deploying tomorrow’s applications simple and quick. Using flexible front end tooling for delivering multi-channel UX, a modern, scalable and secure backend to build microservices, and leading data connectivity products for integrating to business systems and other sources, whether on premise or cloud. To facilitate our future growth, we are looking for a high-energy, detail-oriented, multi-tasking individual who can deliver solid results on an ongoing basis.
Our Australia team is growing at a rapid pace and we are looking for candidates who enjoy a fast-paced environment within a fun and dynamic team setting
Channel Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- The Channel Manager will report to the Regional Sales Director, ANZ and has overall responsibility for the channel business strategy and execution in ANZ region, which include business development, partner recruitment , partner programs and indirect go to market executions.
- Developing a strategy to hit quarterly targets
- Working with the pre-sales engineering team to develop continuous technical enablement in the channel
- Drive leads generation campaigns through collaboration with channel partners and alliances
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, sales engineer, professional services, education and management resources, in order to meet channel performance objectives
- Produces timely and accurate forecasting of all partner business through CRM (Salesforce)
- Understands software licencing models today’s technology landscape and their implication for both parties eg SaaS, Cloud, Mobility etc
Channel Manager Skills
The Channel Manager has to be excellent communicator. They must be active listeners who take the time to comprehend what others say and then use the information they learn to build relationships. They also have to be innovative in their quest to help their channel partners effectively sell their product. In addition to these skills and personality traits, we are looking for Channel Manager candidates with the following skills and abilities:
- Past experience in evangelising new solutions to market
- More than 5 years experience in working with valued added channel networks as product manager or sales, proven record in channel partner recruitment and territory business development
- Knowledge and experience in CMS solutions a plus, or in other software fields like application software, BI, software infrastructure etc.
- Technology savvy
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Leadership character and strong sales acumen
Progress is proud to be an equal opportunity employer