Progress is an experienced, trusted provider of products designed with customers in mind, so they can develop the applications they need, deploy where and how they want, and manage it all safely and securely. We take pride in what we do, always valuing the whole person—at work and in life. Our diverse life experiences enrich our culture because people power progress.
We are on the lookout for Software Engineer Interns to join a few of our internal Sitefinity teams in Sofia. You will be surrounded by experienced software engineers who are ready to share their knowledge and help you grow as a professional.
Please, note that this is a paid, full-time, 6-month opportunity.
This is a great opportunity for someone who’s excited by the possibilities offered by programming and is also motivated by solving real problems. You will be consistently engaged with diverse and interesting challenges. You will dive into the vast ecosystem that stands behind the scenes and supports the everyday operation of Progress Sitefinity businesses and customer portals. You have the chance to become a member of a cross-functional team that drives the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. There's room for coding in this position, but you don't have to be a super coder to start.
What will you do?
- Participate in developing new features
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code
- Participate in code reviews.
- Investigate problems of diverse scope, identify and resolve bugs with different complexity.
- Continuously get acquainted and remain updated on the product inner workings: architecture, components, API, features, documentation.
What will you need?
- A broad technical curiosity with proven technical understanding and problem-solving skills.
- Basic programming skills.
- Basic knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Architecture, as well as Design patterns.
- Basic knowledge of writing optimized, high performance, readable, testable, and reusable code.
- Basic knowledge of relational databases and MS SQL Server
- Ability to communicate clearly and positively through written and spoken English.
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn.
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Generously paid internship program
- 15 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- And many other perks!