About the Role:
The Business Generation Representative position is responsible for qualifying new business by phone, email and social media. Often the first point of contact with prospective customers, the Business Generation Representative has full responsibility for delivering a positive customer experience that will set the stage for continued engagement and growing interest in Progress technology and expertise.
In this role you will interact with prospective customers via telephone, email and online chat. A portion of leads will come in for qualification via sources like trials, demo/quote requests, conference attendance, webinar registrations, etc, but you will also need to do your own list building and calling to generate leads.
- Manage inbound sales requests received via web, email, and phone
- Outbound prospecting to build pipeline for Inside and Field Sales Teams
- Review, contact, and qualify marketing-generated leads
- Collaborate with sales managers and sales teams to refine sales strategies and approaches
- Update Salesforce to accurately track all relative customer data, business insights, and record of interactions
- Use tools like DiscoverOrg, RainKing, ZoomInfo, & LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify and qualify decision makers who can utilize Progress solutions
- Make a minimum of 40 strategic outbound calls per day
- Articulate to customers the business and technical benefits of our solutions
- Interpret customer requirements and proactively act to identify solutions that meet customer needs
- Set discovery meeting appointments for Sales Account Executives
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers / Inside Sales in territory planning
- Attend regular online and in-person product sessions to develop expertise in Progress products
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years Lead Generation or Sales Experience
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident
- Go-getter, disciplined and organized
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Competitive edge and thrives in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce required; Tableau, RainKing, DiscoverOrg preferred
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!