Business Development Sales Executive (Melbourne Based)
Progress’s mission is to provide the best platform for mission-critical business applications. With the today’s rapidly changing technology requirements we are developing our platform to provide enhanced cognitive first benefits in areas such as predictive analytics and mobile applications. We are looking for an experienced consultative salesperson to join our expanding ANZ region based from our Melbourne CBD offices.
You’re an organised sales professional. You like to develop, implement, and own a sales process to manage and prioritise outbound activity, lead intake, sales pipeline, and existing customer engagement.
You’re a hunter
You know how to prospect and find new business opportunities. While you already have a great network to tap into, you’re not intimidated with extending your reach in our existing enterprise clients and developing new contacts and business opportunities. You’re a creative thinker when it comes to prospecting and you strive on understanding your customers business and developing solutions that address their requirements and add value.
You're an Experienced Enterprise Sales Executive
You are comfortable having conversations with C-Level Executives in Fortune 500 companies. You’re experienced at interacting with CIO's and CTO's across various vertical markets. You know how to manage highly complex sales processes and close them when they are forecasted.
You know how to figure out the best way to find business opportunities. You exercise independent judgment for achieving your sales goals in your territory. You can build a plan around the penetration of targeted accounts and measure your progress and success. You can create an accurate map of prospects, identify their primary business solution, decision makers, and profile their decision-making process.
You’re a closer
You know how to get it done: you source and qualify new business opportunities, lead an effective sales process, and close business. You’re experienced and comfortable with leading a team and managing them different phases including presales pursuit, contract negotiation, and post-sales implementation and customer success. You accept nothing less than exceeding your sales goals each quarter.
You are experienced working with a Virtual Account Team
You know how to manage a virtual team, across different time zones, countries and cultures to ensure that your harness the subject matter expertise that exists within the organisation to further your sales pipeline and opportunities.
You want to make a difference
You’re excited to be a key contributor to in an emerging market and you like to help figure out the path to success. You’re willing and able to take responsibility for driving the evolution of the go-to-market strategy and continuously growing revenue with your sales efforts. You are comfortable giving feedback to Marketing, Sales Support and the Executive team on messaging, product, and strategy, and understand that doing so is critical to both your and the company’s success.
- 10+ years experience in enterprise sales (both over the phone and in person) with a demonstrated ability to manage a pipeline, carry through, and close deals.
- Successful achievement in winning new business and managing large enterprise accounts with multiple contact points and influencers
- Software Sales in one or more of these areas: Software Development, Mobile Technology, Business Applications/Solutions
- Understand the importance of CRM software and recording customer interaction. We use a number of sales support software applications to assist in identifying and developing your customer propositions
- Ability to handle a large Territory ie ANZ
- You’re known for your ability to qualify opportunities in large volumes and interact with other team members to work toward closing deals.
- You’re an effective listener; you have the ability to assess client needs effectively and address needs through new products and services.
- You’re self-driven and you know how to exercise independent judgment and decision-making.
- You have a proven ability to demonstrate a solution over the phone and in person.
- You have a proven track record delivering on or exceeding revenue goals.
- You know how to operate effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment in which cross-functional teamwork and initiative is a must.
- You have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.