We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative for few of our enterprise products to service our European markets. The role is responsible for qualifying new business by phone, email and social media. Often the first point of contact with prospective customers, the role has full responsibility for delivering a positive customer experience that will set the stage for continued engagement and growing interest in Progress technology and expertise.
What you'll be doing most of the time:
- Manage inbound sales requests received via web, email, phone, and live chat
- Review, contact and qualify marketing-generated leads
- Outbound prospecting to build pipeline for Inside and Field Sales Teams
- Collaborate with sales managers and sales teams to refine sales strategies and approaches
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com to accurately track all relative customer data, business insights, and record of interactions
- Use tools like DiscoverOrg, RainKing, LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify and qualify decision-makers who can utilize Progress solutions
- Make a minimum of 50 strategic outbound calls per day
- Articulate to customers the business and technical benefits of Progress solutions
- Interpret customer requirements, proactively act to identify solutions that meet customer needs
- Set discovery meeting appointments for Regional Sales Teams
- Attend regular online and in-person product sessions to develop expertise in Progress products
What would make you successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years Lead Generation or Sales Experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Enthusiastic, professional and responsible
- Proactive and organized
- A team player rather than an individual contributor
- Salesforce, DiscoverOrg, Linkedin Sales Navigator experience
- Previous tele-qualification experience is a plus
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!