We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an Associate General Counsel in our Bedford, MA headquarters location. Please note that this role will start remote due to the current pandemic but once offices reopen safely in 2021 (date TBD) this role will transition into the Bedford, MA office.
The Associate General Counsel (Corporate/M&A) position is responsible for a wide range of corporate and securities law matters, including mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance, corporate finance transactions, corporate governance, corporate social responsibility and other general corporate matters. The qualified attorney will work cross-functionally with internal departments and external resources as required, proactively identifying legal risks, engaging appropriate key stakeholders and providing support. The ideal candidate will have experience with – and will thrive on – working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented and team-based.WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- Play a key role in supporting the company’s acquisition and divestiture activities, including supervising legal due diligence, drafting and negotiating definitive documentation, coordinating outside counsel and supporting post-closing integration matters;
- Support SEC and stock exchange compliance and reporting obligations, including 10-Qs/Ks, 8-Ks, and Section 16 filings, registration statements, proxy statements and annual meeting process;
- Supervise entity compliance and corporate secretarial matters for the company’s global subsidiaries;
- Support Chief Legal Officer with all public company corporate secretarial duties, including preparation of Board materials, governance documents, minutes and other matters;
- With Chief Legal Officer, advise Board of Directors with respect to company corporate governance best practices;
- In partnership with relevant internal departments, manage company’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, including preparation of company’s annual CSR report;
- Partner with Tax and Finance teams to oversee and implement corporate rationalization strategy;
- Manage company’s enterprise insurance program;
- Advise internal clients with respect to a wide variety of business issues and legal matters, including employment, equity compensation and enterprise compliance matters as needed; and
- Participate in compliance initiatives including training internal clients on public company legal policies or issues, including code of conduct, ethics, insider trading and anti-bribery and anti-corruption issues.
- J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and member of the Massachusetts Bar in good standing, with a combination of 7+ years large law firm and/or publicly traded company experience (software company experience helpful but not required);
- Extensive experience as a practicing mergers and acquisitions attorney, including experience drafting and negotiating transaction documents, conducting due diligence and managing the deal process and the deal team from a legal perspective (integration experience a plus);
- Securities law experience
- Excellent judgment and ability to assess risk and benefits and convey them in a clear and concise manner;
- Able to see the “big picture” while maintaining attention to detail;
- Strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Self-motivated, self-starter and independent;
- Excellent project management, productivity, organizational and time management abilities; able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Able to demonstrate confidence and competence to internal and external constituents; and
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, critical thinking and written and oral communications skills.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!