Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) provides the leading products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact business applications. Our comprehensive product stack is designed to make technology teams more productive and enable organizations to accelerate the creation and delivery of strategic business applications, automate the process by which apps are configured, deployed and scaled, and make critical data and content more accessible and secure—leading to competitive differentiation and business success
What excites you? Bringing new technologies to help customers stay at the peak of digital transformation? Teaming with smart people in a fun, collaborative atmosphere? Great, us too! Join us!
We are looking for a Business Development Representative for our Core A product line to service our APJ market. The Business Development Representative position is responsible for qualifying new business by phone, email and social media. Often the first point of contact with prospective customers, the Business Development Representative has full responsibility for delivering a positive customer experience that will set the stage for continued engagement and growing interest in Progress technology and expertise.
The Business Development Representative will interact with prospective customers via telephone, email and online chat. Leads result from direct customer requests for trial, demo or quote; marketing qualification based on lead scoring process; or others identified through marketing programs and/or prospect’s behavior.
- Manage inbound sales requests received via web, email, and phone
- Outbound prospecting to build pipeline for Field Sales Teams and Partners.
- Review, contact, and qualify marketing-generated leads
- Collaborate with sales managers and sales teams to refine sales strategies and approaches
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com to accurately track all relative customer data, business insights, and record of interactions
- Use tools like Zoominfo, LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify and qualify decision makers who can utilize Progress solutions
- Make a minimum of 30 strategic outbound calls per day
- Articulate to customers the business and technical benefits of Progress solutions
- Interpret customer requirements, proactively act to identify solutions that meet customer needs
- Set discovery meeting appointments for Regional Sales Teams
- Work collaboratively with Regional Sales Managers in territory planning
- Attend regular online and in-person product sessions to develop expertise in Progress products
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years Lead Generation or Sales Experience in APJ
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident
- Go-getter, disciplined and organized
- Strong written and verbal skills in English and Chinese
- Competitive edge and thrives in a team environment
- Salesforce, Zoominfo experience
- Previous tele qualification experience a plus!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!