We are looking for an analytical self-starter to join our Finance team in Rotterdam as an Accounts Payable Coordinator. In this role, you will be providing a high level of service to internal and external customers, while enjoying a professional, international environment. Most of the time, you will be working independently but will also have reporting responsibilities into the AP Supervisor and work closely with them to ensure any suppliers related issues are highlighted and resolved effectively. As this is a support function for any financial issues for the whole organization, you shall have excellent social skills and be able to successfully get along with people on different levels across different functions.
Please note the position is a temporary one with an approximate duration of 7-8 months.
Your area of responsibility:
- Accounts Payable
- Maintain accounts payable and handle payments
- Check travel expenses and process on weekly payment run
- Code invoices and log into Accounts Payable module
- Process accounts payable, including PO-matching, non-PO items, and obtain proper approvals for payable listing for payments on time and in accordance to company’s Accounts Payable and accounting policies / guidelines
- Upload approved payment listing into bank system
- Enter bank statements into accounting system
- Ensure smooth completion of the month-end close process, co-coordinating with other Finance functions on passing the relevant journal entries in the accounting System for US GAAP Reporting
- Perform vendors’ reconciliation and AP reconciliation within the targeted timelines
- Work closely with vendors and internal functions, such as purchasing, facilities, GL accounting and other functions in the company to ensure that open issues and disputes are resolved on time
- Assist in maintaining compliance with local statutory, SOX, internal & external audits and filing requirements
- Ensure overall processing integrity and accuracy
- Assist in the accounting month end closing for some of our small European entities
To be successful as an AP Coordinator, you shall be able to work well within a team and to actively contribute to its goals, as well as to the overall company success. This mix of characteristics such as responsibility, analytical approach, flexibility, accuracy, discretion, integrity, confidentiality, reliability and pro-activity.
You also need to have/be:
- Excellent English is required – both spoken and written
- Experience in a similar role
- Able to work easily with all programs of Microsoft Office, Internet and email
- The ability to work under pressure
- The skills and attitude to complete/finish multiple tasks timely and to a high quality
- Previous exposure to a multinational software business environment will be a plus
If the above describes you, we would be happy to hear from you!
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.